Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Agentuino

Quite a while ago I bought an ethernet shield for my arduino, and since then I wanted to use it on my weather station. You may ask why, first it has an integrated microSD shield, and secondly you can use it by issuing SNMP commands to set/get variables and create, afterwards, RRD graphics. The complicated part was to get a compliant library to manage decently the SNMP commands, I didn't find what I wanted, so... I changed the source code to make it happen!
I used the agentuino library, lots of info here: agentuino
The changes I made will not work with the "old" Agentuino.h, as it is incapable of dealing with FLOAT and to set values other than strings, so, you can use my changed library, replacing the old Agentuino.h file with this one. Using it you can manage to do some simple testing like setting an LED on/off, or even fading it (if using a PWM port) this simple examples can be taken to other levels, and you may use your network connection to automatically or manually setting the house-lighting on/off or fade it, start/stop the loan watering (it can be automatic using a crontab command, for instance) among other things you may remember may be useful.
The code I developed is available here and I called it weatherduino because it's intended to be used in the weather station, but you can call it whatever you like and use it freely as long as you link the original work to this page. At the time I'm expanding it to support the arduino MEGA.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, i tried to run your weatherarduino file in my Arduino UNO and it just stays compiling. I already replace the Agentuino file. Could you give me a hand about the problem? Or maybe someone else could tell me if it worked for him. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Enmanuel. If it stays compiling it's a compiler issue try a different version, I'm using 1.0.5.

      Delete